Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Off to Camp!

Hey guys! I'm back {again}.

   So I thought that I would have all summer to start my doll instagram {name suggestions welcome, by the way} to start improving my doll photography and editing skillz, but alas, 'twas not to be. As you can probably tell from the title of this post, I'm going off to camp!
  
   I'm going to be working at a christian camp as a counselor for basically two whole months, non stop {brownie points if you got that reference} so I will be posting very little 😔 {not that I, you know, post much anyways}

   I'll have access to my phone on weekends, and for an hour every day except for Monday, so if I get a comment I'll probably see it 😉

   I'm excited because it's my first real job, so I'll be earning money!!! I'll be {of course} spending a bit of that money on doll stuffs, mainly Addy and Gabriela stuff {sigh, no Tenney, Logan or Z for me 😢}. I'm also saving money towards buying Clara Oswald clothes off of eBay UK, because I love her stuff, but also because I might be going to England this fall! A family from our church is moving to Britain for a year, and they have 5 kids and just had a baby this last winter, so I'd be like a travel nanny. This may or may not happen, but I'm really excited!

   I'm debating which doll to bring, if I do go to the UK. It would be fun to bring a doll that the little girl could play with {she's 4 I think?} so if I have Gabriela by then she might not come along.

   Last thing, I got Kanani! I got her used from a vintage store here that has an AG section! She was $80, plus about $8 tax. I'm definitely sending her to the Doll Hospital for a new head, which will probably be from my camp money budget. I already have her meet dress {from a thrift store} so I'll be hunting for the rest of her meet outfit. I also bought most of her Luau outfit, minus the gourd things. I did do a small photoshoot with Kanani that I will hopefully be able to put up before I leave on Sunday for camp training, but knowing me...

   Marisol will hopefully join Kanani for a new head as well.



   Whew, that was a lot! Hope you all are having a great summer! What are you doing with your dolls?

Love,

Willow

P.S. that was just a random photo of Grace that I decided to throw in this post so that it would have a picture in it.



4 comments:

  1. Hope you're having a great time at camp! We know you're tied up right now, but when you get home...we've nominated Josie and Fran for the Sister Tag.
    https://teatimewithmelodyq.blogspot.com/2017/07/the-sisters-tag-2.html
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't believe tomorrow is September 1! How was your summer? Did it fly by as quickly as ours?
    ~Xyra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine was crazy busy, I only had one day off for two months of working at camp!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I moderate the comments before they're published, so it may take a little while before it's published.