Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Isabelle Photos at American Girl // Photos by Darrion // Thoughts by Willow // Part One



[Note: All photos are by Darrion Marine and myself. Please do not pin or use in a blog. We would be glad to watermark them for you if you would like to share them.]


Isabelle's Starter - $259

If you can excuse the fact that I choked when I saw the price, honestly, this isn't that awesome. There is no deal. Ooo, you can get all of that stuff! You save literally no money. Maybe on the sales tax {which in this state is nuts} but that really doesn't even count. Oh, and notice how small the little dance case is. Just a note.


Isabelle Doll - $120

I don't know if it's the lighting in the store or something, but Izzie's hair wasn't at all what I expected. Online, it seemed golden and silky. In real life it was more slightly rough-ish and not-golden. It was blonde, but not the same blonde I expected. The highlights - I highly doubt my parents would let me dye my layered hair half hot pink if I was 10. I'm not ten now, of course, think mid-teens, but I doubt my parents would let me do that now, much less then {my hair would be really hard to die anyway, you'd have to bleach it {my hair is a very dark brown, most people think it's black} and then dye it}.


Isabelle's Meet Outfit

The top - cute, but the symmetrical-ness almost doesn't work. The addition of the ballerina makes the top look sophisticated. The pants - rather boring, but not ugly or anything. The shoes - adorable. The gold glitter thing is so cute!


Isabelle's Accessories - $30

Honestly, the coat is what I would buy that set for. The coat and the gloves. The rest seems kind of lame. I mean, this is outfit priced, and we get a cute black jacket, cute fingerless gloves and some fake passes and some hairclips. I will probably get it for the jacket, though it will be painful ;)


Isabelle's Mix-Match Wardrobe

Isabelle's Funky Leggings 

I do not get that little mesh tie. Anyone? How does it automatically become "funky" if it has a light pink tulle ribbon tied awkwardly on your knee? Anybody? Anything? Another thing. It's not cotton, it's that stretchy stuff that pulls the second velcro connects.
 I'll probably get it anyway, because it's pink. And it's pretty cute, and will be one I cut off that tie.


Okay, let me just get this out. That sports bra thing is the stupidest thing I've ever known AG to sell. There I've said it. Not only is it not appropriate for ten year-old girls, it's really awkward looking once you see it in real life. It's cloth, not that tight stretchy stuff that velcro seems to be drawn to.


Isabelle's "Pink" Mixed-and-Matched Set


 Isabelle's Sparkly Skort $12

 It's tulle with little embroidered things on the front. I'm actually on the line about this skirt. It's very cute, but a little little-kiddish looking. Of course, this is a ten year old girl who's going to be wearing it {not so with my Isabelle, she'll be 15 or 16}.


Isabelle's Coral Sweater $14

It's my favorite mix-n-match piece of the bunch! Though it seems to be a bit loosely-woven, it still is adorable. I would have bought it when we were there, but I got her Performance Set and the blue glasses for McKenna since Saige stole her raspberry glasses.
 And that costs cha-ching, let me tell you. Did you know that they raised the price on the glasses last year? Now it's ten bucks instead of eight.


Izzie's "Purple" Mix-n-Match Set

This one is pretty cute, as far as mix and matches go. It all seems to be reasonably good quality, but because I do not own any, I can't say for sure.


I will definitely be reviewing the performance set as soon as I can. I will also be trying to decide when to purchase dearest Izzie. I would love to do it within the month, but I have a birthday to buy for. And I have some other purchases I have planned {the 11th Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver}.
 Aaaannd we may be going on vacation this fall to DC {probably not though, it depends} so I would love to get her then!
But also, it appears that perhaps another dear historical will depart {Kit and Ruthie or Marie-Grace and Cecile, perhaps?} so I also need to prepare for that. Either way, I'd only have one doll to get, Ruthie or CeCe.
But anyway, I hope to get Isabelle this month or next.

Part Two as soon as I have time!

-Willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I moderate the comments before they're published, so it may take a little while before it's published.