Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Shola Review // Photo Heavy Post


[Note: I took photos of the entire Shola experience, so be prepared!]





The back of her box. Surprisingly, Shola isn't there. Only Mosi.


Side view of her box...


Other side view...


Front of her box! Yay! But I don't get her hijab. 
Besides the fact that I think hijabs are oppressive, almost no little girls will want to play with the head thing, I mean, we want the doll for the hair mostly, not her head thing.


First view of her! Sorry for the slight blurriness.


The side of her box.


Behind the plastic, looking shy...


Not out yet, but getting there!


Her hijab is simpler than I expected, but I don't really care. I took the thing off as fast as I could to see her hair!


Her face shape is new, obviously


Her hijab was attached to her dressed with some thread, but a pocket knife solved that.


I was kinda hoping for curls like NJ, but no such luck. Ah well.


 Ah! Hadassah, get your clothes on! She came with undies, surprisingly. None of my other girls came with any.


Her shoes are basically Lily's in light purple.


Hadassah is so cute in Dell's Clogging Outfit!


Miss Hadassah Rubin is now officially from 1904.


Profile...


Lily on the left, Hadassah in the middle, and Nahji Jasmine on the right.


Shola/Hadassah's hair and Nahji Jasmine's are about identical.


Hadassah's skin tone is kinda middle between Lily's pale-ness and NJ's darkness.


Hadassah is Rebeka's cousin from Russia.


And yes, her eyes are the same color as Lauryce's.


Her eye is on you...


My feeble attempts to put her head thing back on were silly. I don't know how a little kid is supposed to get this thing on.


It's inside-out, actually. Heh heh. Kinda embarrassing.


Basic Review on Shola. I like her very much. I don't like her hijab, but I don't use it. Her hair is a little uneven like Lily's, which is also kind of annoying. Her dress is okay, it is serged, which is nice. I do recommend her.


[Note: If you would like to use any of these photos, I would be happy to watermark them for you. But please drop me a comment and I'll watermark the picture for you gladly.]

Big Suprize Reveal Tomorrow!

~Willow~

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your beautiful Shola/Hadassah. :) She's lovely! Can't wait 'til she's on Amazon again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! I love her!! Unfortunatley, one of my only friends still interested in the doll world at age 12 is over it .. so I'm all alone.:-( I'm not THAT weird..right?
    Anywho, Shola is drop-dead gorgeous, LOVE her eyes. Do you think I'll be should wait for Shola or get Lauryce? You have both.. and I have Consuelo and Josephyne {Renamed Dell} ...so I'm trying to figure out who would be the best addition to our little H4H family.Lucky you..but unfortunatley our Target doesn't have lucky gold strikes. :(
    But let me know please!! Thanks!!
    Love,
    ~Cachetas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cachetas: I'm over twelve and love dolls more than ever still :) I'm not sure, I don't know why, but Lauryce is becoming a favorite of mine. Maybe I'll post more photos of her soon and you can make your decision :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I moderate the comments before they're published, so it may take a little while before it's published.